- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- May. 24, 2021
- Design & UI
We are the disruptors of the beauty industry. Our aim is simple: provide beauty and health lovers the highest quality health and beauty products, made by the world’s best laboratories. As the first luxury beauty buyers’ club, our products are sold directly to our members without the prohibitive industry mark-ups.
Technology powers everything that we do, and contributes to making our business model unique. We are building a unique shopping experience across every digital channel to deliver a world class service for our growing numbers of customers.
We are changing the traditional game by setting new rules. We are looking for people that are not afraid to dare, and are passionate about change, as much as we are. At Beauty Pie, we are not about exclusivity or privilege; we are about empowerment, self-worth, and teaching members that they deserve ‘a bigger piece of it’, even if all starts with a lipstick.
We’re on the hunt for someone with amazing design skills and proven experience across brand and graphical touch points. You will have a portfolio packed full of excellent typography and layout skills, bursting with examples of design that drives desire. With an exceptional eye for detail, you’ll have an innate ability to understand the rules of design, and when to break them!
This role will help support the creative team on concepting, designing and delivering new products and packaging in our core ranges, limited editions, branded items and one-off projects, and plenty more! Collaborating with product development and marketing teams on creative from the very beginning all the way through a product lifecycle and customer experience, we’re looking for a designer who deeply understands how a product is branded, shot and marketed, with an innate ability to translate brand personality into design.
It’s not very often you get an opportunity like this: We’ll be asking for your input, guidance, experience, teamwork, ideas, and camaraderie, and we’ll navigate together the unknown, the mysterious and the upside!
Responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Working with the Head of Brand Creative and Design Lead to concept, design and deliver packaging concepts and designs, graphical treatments, and branded goods both physical and digital.
- Work with the wider creative team, including photographers, retouchers and artworks throughout all stages of delivering design work
- Present designs to other designers and key stakeholders throughout the business
- Help create, update and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Review print artwork and print proofs
- Consistently meet creative schedules and project requirements
- Working on special one-off projects and collaborations cross-functionally
We believe it’s all about mindset, great skills and attitude and a fantastic work ethic being key. We’re a high-performance, open and honest team, and we’re democratizing beauty, and changing the world. If you’re one of us, excited about the opportunity, and you’re really good at what you do (even if you don’t tick all the boxes) apply anyway!
- The Candidate - ideally you will have: *
- Extensive design experience working in a design agency or in-house experience
- Experience of creating and designing beautiful and effective brand work for physical and digital brand touchpoints – with strong knowledge creative and commercial awareness
- An amazing portfolio packed with great design work across a multitude of brand touchpoints. The role is not UX/UI focused.
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working to tight deadline with accuracy and speed, whilst being forward thinking and innovative
The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
As always, there are a few perks:
- Free membership to Beauty Pie
- You will receive a piece of the pie with stock options
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Team events and social evenings organised by our fantastic social committee even from the comfort of your own home
- Work laptop
- 25 days holiday and no probationary period!
- So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to be part of an inspirational and talented team.
Beauty Pie is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.