- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Design & UI
We are the disruptors of the beauty industry. Our aim is simple: provide beauty and health lovers the highest quality health and beauty products, made by the world’s best laboratories. As the first luxury beauty buyers’ club, our products are sold directly to our members without the prohibitive industry mark-ups.
Technology powers everything that we do, and contributes to making our business model unique. We are building a unique shopping experience across every digital channel to deliver a world class service for our growing numbers of customers.
We are changing the traditional game by setting new rules. We are looking for people that are not afraid to dare, and are passionate about change, as much as we are. At Beauty Pie, we are not about exclusivity or privilege; we are about empowerment, self-worth, and teaching members that they deserve ‘a bigger piece of it’, even if all starts with a lipstick.
We’re on the hunt for someone with strong design skills and proven digital experience across email and CRM platforms, alongside strong site marketing experience. You will have a portfolio packed full of excellent typography and layout skills, coupled with a great eye and understanding of working with highly engaging content creation on these channels. A strong storyteller, you’ll have a great understanding of digital design and email, and how it can convert, support and improve the customer journey – with a portfolio that demonstrates success in this area.
It’s not very often you get an opportunity like this: We’ll be asking for your input, guidance, experience, teamwork, ideas, and camaraderie, and we’ll navigate together the unknown, the mysterious and the upside!
Responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Working with the Head of Brand Creative, Art Director and Design Lead to concept, design and deliver for email and website banners and blog content, collaborating with the wider Creative team and Marketing teams
- Responsible for design and delivery of marketing and editorial emails, as well as all transactional/CRM customer journey related emails
- Design, organise and coordinate the preparation of digital assets for launch on email campaigns from concept to final hand-off to Email Marketing Executives
- Work closely with the Email Marketing Executive and designers to help strategise and create new campaigns
- Present designs to other designers and key stakeholders
- Consistently improve the performance of email marketing and identify enhancement opportunities for a/b test ideas
- Work with other designers and Art Director to achieve cross-channel design consistency, achieve assets to support and improve designs, from new assets to working on iterative versions to support testing
- Staying ahead of the curve with design on digital platforms and best practices, with the latest email design trends, techniques, and technologies
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Consistently meet creative schedules and online marketing requirements
- Work collaboratively with frontend and backend developers as needed on improvements and template updates
We believe it’s all about mindset, great skills and attitude and a fantastic work ethic being key. We’re a high-performance, open and honest team, and we’re democratising beauty, and changing the world. If you’re one of us, excited about the opportunity, and you’re really good at what you do (even if you don’t tick all the boxes) apply anyway!
The Candidate - ideally you will have:
- Extensive design experience working in a design agency or in-house experience
- Experience of creating and designing beautiful and effective brand work for digital outputs – with strong knowledge in how to concept and test creative in a performance marketing environment, CRM personalisation or other channels
- An amazing portfolio packed with great layout, imagery and content curation. The role is not UX/UI/Product Design focused.
- Experienced in Figma for the design of digital work, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working to tight deadline with accuracy and speed, whilst being forward thinking and innovative
The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated.
As always, there are a few perks:
- Free membership to Beauty Pie
- You will receive a piece of the pie with share options
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Team events and social evenings organised by our fantastic social committee even from the comfort of your own home
- Work laptop
- 25 days holiday and no probationary period!
- So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to be part of an inspirational and talented team.
Beauty Pie is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.