- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
- Design & UI
Who is BEAUTY PIE? We’re the first-ever buyer’s club for beauty product lovers. We’re a team of beauty-product obsessives who have worked in the cosmetics and wellness industries for eons. And we’ve figured out that the way the old beauty industry works, is a bit of a rip-off. At BEAUTY PIE, our mission is to make our customer feel like a kid in a candy store. To bring them the fairy tale. To deliver the absolute best in beauty nonstop, at prices so amazing, even a splurge is a steal.
Now, unlike a lot of start-ups, our business model is solid. And the best part? We save our customers a bundle. In fact, the products (and the prices) we deliver are so good, we believe we’re about to take over the premium beauty business. How? By getting our members a way bigger piece of the BEAUTY PIE.
As part of our team? You’ll learn a lot. (We’re all learning a lot.) You’ll be multi-tasking, you’ll make some great decisions and some bad ones. You’ll have highs and lows. It won’t be easy (because that would be boring). But you’ll be moving fast, identifying and solving problems, iterating and evolving, and you’ll bring your best to the game. In fact, it’s not very often you get an opportunity like this - to help grow a great brand, for a rocketship of a business that will scale in size and go global. One that thrills its customers. And delivers happiness. We’ll be asking for your input, experience, teamwork, ideas, and camaraderie, while we navigate the unknown, the mysterious and the upside together!
Our Values. Our culture is our DNA. It defines who we are, how we operate and how we hire based on our values:
- Bring Your ‘A’ Game - take ownership & accountability, make shit happen, grow, support, evolve, invent, be open minded
- Be Intelligently Rebellious - challenge the status quo, push boundaries, embrace change and think big
- Be Customer Obsessed - listen & learn, take ownership, act fast, be humble & empathetic, build & keep trust, be grateful for feedback
- It’s All For One (& One For All) - take advantage of collective intelligence, act with integrity, support & challenge, embrace individuality, do right by our company, our members, our colleagues & our environment
A bit about our Technology
We are using the latest progressive and native web technologies, alongside headless e-commerce tools and systems, to create a shopping experience nothing like what people experience today. Technologies include Next.js and React, GraphQL, deployed with Terraform on cloud services including AWS, GCP and Vercel. Driven by data science, machine learning and analytics, from multi-variant testing, through to personalising the shopping experience, every customer will have a unique and tailored experience just for them, across every digital channel.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to assist us at a pivotal moment as we migrate to a new platform. We’re currently in the process of “lifting and shifting” all pages from our current website onto a new platform. This represents an opportunity to update and moderately improve the content, look & feel, and functionality of our site as we complete this migration. A broader and more ambitious redesign will follow this migration work.
Responsibilities for this role will initially include:
Creating high fidelity wireframes based on legacy pages and making incremental changes and improvements
Creating interactive prototypes
- Conducting and assisting in user research/testing
- Helping us to run workshops and contributing to ideation
- Demonstrate a knowledge and desire to investigate, innovate and develop emerging design, UX and technology trends
- Help drive our creative culture by being a highly visible advocate for all things design, sharing insights with the wider product engineering team
We believe it’s all about mindset, great skills and attitude and a fantastic work ethic being key. We’re a high-performance, open and honest team, and we’re democratizing beauty, and changing the world. If you’re one of us, excited about the opportunity, and you’re really good at what you do (even if you don’t tick all the boxes) apply anyway!
Strong UX Design experience in eCommerce environments, ideally in the luxury sector
Prototyping and wire-framing experience
Experience with Accessibility
Experience of using tools such as Figma
Advantages to have HTML/CSS experience
As always, there are a few perks
Free Membership to Beauty Pie
A piece of the Pie with Share options
Private Medical Insurance
Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance at 2 x annual salary
- Team events and social evenings organised by our fantastic social committee
- An allowance to set up your home office
- 25 days holiday and no probationary period!
- A “revival” day plus a day off for your birthday
- So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to be part of an inspirational, international and talented team.
- Beauty Pie is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.
- If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the recruitment or application process, please let us know.