- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
Who is BEAUTY PIE? We’re the first-ever buyer’s club for beauty product lovers. We’re a team of beauty-product obsessives who have worked in the cosmetics and wellness industries for eons. And we’ve figured out that the way the old beauty industry works, is a bit of a rip-off. At BEAUTY PIE, our mission is to make our customer feel like a kid in a candy store. To bring them the fairy tale. To deliver the absolute best in beauty nonstop, at prices so amazing, even a splurge is a steal.
Now, unlike a lot of start-ups, our business model is solid. And the best part? We save our customers a bundle. In fact, the products (and the prices) we deliver are so good, we believe we’re about to take over the premium beauty business. How? By getting our members a way bigger piece of the BEAUTY PIE.
As part of our team? You’ll learn a lot. (We’re all learning a lot.) You’ll be multi-tasking, you’ll make some great decisions and some bad ones. You’ll have highs and lows. It won’t be easy (because that would be boring). But you’ll be moving fast, identifying and solving problems, iterating and evolving, and you’ll bring your best to the game. In fact, it’s not very often you get an opportunity like this - to help grow a great brand, for a rocketship of a business that will scale in size and go global. One that thrills its customers. And delivers happiness. We’ll be asking for your input, experience, teamwork, ideas, and camaraderie, while we navigate the unknown, the mysterious and the upside together!
Our Values. Our culture is our DNA. It defines who we are, how we operate and how we hire based on our values:
- Bring Your ‘A’ Game - take ownership & accountability, make shit happen, grow, support, evolve, invent, be open minded
- Be Intelligently Rebellious - challenge the status quo, push boundaries, embrace change and think big
- Be Customer Obsessed - listen & learn, take ownership, act fast, be humble & empathetic, build & keep trust, be grateful for feedback
- It’s All For One (& One For All) - take advantage of collective intelligence, act with integrity, support & challenge, embrace individuality, do right by our company, our members, our colleagues & our environment
We are using the latest progressive and native web technologies, alongside headless e-commerce tools and systems, to create a shopping experience nothing like what people experience today. Technologies include Next.js, Node, Typescript, and GraphQL, deployed with Terraform on cloud services including AWS, and Vercel.
Driven by data science, machine learning and analytics, from multi-variant testing, through to personalising the shopping experience, every customer will have a unique and tailored experience just for them, across every digital channel.
You’re a Tech Lead who wants to build high-quality user-centric applications with experience of shipping code at high cadence. You’re very confident with our technology and modern development practices. You have a deep knowledge of best practice in developing for the web, covering accessibility, performance, semantic mark-up and state management.
Motivated by building great products that solve real problems, whether it’s improving our customers’ experience, enabling our own team through great tooling or improving website conversion metrics. You care about the quality of the work you produce, aiming to make it stable, maintainable and easy to work with for the rest of the Beauty Pie Team.
Keen to work collaboratively, communicate potentially complicated and technical concepts in ways that make it easy for other disciplines to understand. In the areas you don’t have much prior experience, you’re excited by the prospect of getting stuck in and learning something new.
- Lead one of our cross-functional teams to build high innovation e-commerce services for growth & marketing
- Lead the delivery of the e-commerce wider ecosystem of services and capabilities on a AWS first architecture
- Play an active role in our code review process, reviewing code from across the team as well as making it easy for others to review the code you write
- Contribute to discovery, ideation and research alongside designers, engineers in order to identify, prioritise, solve problems iteratively.
- Gain an understanding of our business, our customers, and our domain, allowing you to use your judgement to make autonomous decisions.
- Share your knowledge/experience/interests with the team – be it through pairing, a talk or external speaking opportunity.
- Lead and grow a team around you to be all leaders
- We’d love it if you have...
- Lead large multi-million pound technical programmes of work
- Demonstrable experience developing backend or full stack applications for the web
- Demonstrable experience of continuous delivery and full testing automation
- Experience with version control (ideally Git & GitHub)
- Experience using technologies like Typescript, Node, Terraform, AWS, and GraphQL
As always, there are a few perks
Free Membership to Beauty Pie
A piece of the Pie with Share options
Private Medical Insurance
Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance at 2 x annual salary
- Team events and social evenings organised by our fantastic social committee
- An allowance to set up your home office
- 25 days holiday and no probationary period!
- A “revival” day plus a day off for your birthday
- So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to be part of an inspirational, international and talented team.
- Beauty Pie is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.
- If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the recruitment or application process, please let us know.