- Redwood City, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
Because Market is re-engineering everyday consumer products and delivering them via a leading e-commerce subscription to older adults as if they were our own family. Our team consists of seasoned execs from Uber, eBay, WeWork and RH, and we are backed by Index and Khosla Ventures.
Because was created after our founders spent countless hours tracking down supplies for their grandparents. They had to visit multiple stores and often left empty handed when needed products were out of stock. They knew they could do better for their family, and all older adults.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Operations leader to join our team! Because is at an important inflection point in its growth trajectory, having successfully established the business model and now scaling quickly. There is a solid operations platform in place that now must be scaled to support continued strong growth and new service initiatives that will make Because best in class.
You will play a critical role in both the strategy and day to day execution of logistics and operations at Because. We’re looking for a talented team player who is curious, and always working to make tomorrow’s performance better and more innovative than today’s. The Operations Manager is a key partner to both the Inventory and Customer Service teams, working collaboratively to drive results. This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Manage the critical relationship with Because’s 3PL fulfillment partner, ensuring service level performance and expense targets are met and that Because’s contractual obligations are fulfilled
- Manage all other logistics partnerships and processes such as inbound and outbound transportation, inter-warehouse inventory transfers, customs imports, etc.
- Create and maintain relevant forecast and KPI analytics necessary to create control and transparency to operational performance
- Support key systems initiatives acting as a subject matter expert and providing business analysis as necessary in conjunction with implementations
- Formulate and deliver on cost savings targets and service improvements leveraging new & existing tools and partners, process improvements, and corrective action while partnering proactively with internal and external stakeholders
- Partner with Merchandising, Inventory Planning and Finance to establish and oversee 3PL service targets including order placement to fulfillment cycle time, order fill rates, inventory accuracy, etc.
- Work with FedEx/UPS on rates, contracts, service levels
- Closely collaborate with product team to build, refine and/or maintain centralized systems and data by which the business reports, measures and operates
- Meet KPI’s related to service levels, shipping cost and speed
- MS, BS or SCM degree preferred
- 5+ years of operations/logistics experience in an e-commerce/DTC or retail environment
- Experience working with and managing 3PLs
- Experience working with and negotiating with FedEx/UPS
- Demonstrated experience managing through significant change/growth and delivering results
- Proactive with strong problem-solving skills. Metrics driven.
- Highly detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable doing some modeling in Excel or R and summarizing the findings. Light coding skills (e.g. the ability to query a SQL db or parse data using Python) are a plus, but not required
- “Get Stuff Done” attitude. If something’s not happening fast enough, your instinct should be to pick up the phone, pound on doors, and relentlessly pursue your goal until it’s done
- Experience as a participant with systems implementation or enhancements a plus
- Comprehensive healthcare, including medical, dental and vision
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Long term disability
- Flex PTO
- Fully remote today. Beginning September 2021 we will work together from our office in Redwood City, CA 2-3 days per week and offer 2-3 days of optional remote work going forward.
Because is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws.