- United States
- Date Posted
- Jun. 14, 2021
- Product Engineering
About the job
Because is a high growth, personal care direct-to-consumer company focused on older adults. We started in 2017 with a simple idea - to make it easier for our families to get the products they needed. Today, we are on our way to becoming the #1 trusted brand for older adults, with the goal of helping millions lead vibrant, independent lives. We’ve raised over $40M in funding from top VC firms including Index Ventures and Khosla Ventures, and are grateful for the support for our customers, partners and investors.
We are looking for a passionate, entrepreneurial, and detail-oriented Senior Director inspired by our mission to bring better health and wellness to older adults. In your role as a leader on the product team, you’ll directly drive our Product and Eng team members. You’ll also collaborate with merchandising, design and other key business stakeholders to define and bring to life a vision for how our platform can reach users and retain customers via our Desktop and Mobile web experiences.
This is an opportunity for high impact. You will help shape a new customer experience from the ground up, applying the very best tools and technologies to the e-commerce space, and help develop innovative channels for growth.
We need a player/coach to drive results in 3 areas:
- Team operations and efficiency. Leading and coordinating our PMs and internal+outsourced Eng team, ensure that we ship fast and often with proper testing.
- Product strategy, planning, execution. Every week we need to improve our customer experience, and our team is small. This means that in addition to ideation/strategy, you’ll need to lead prioritization and also roll up your sleeves to execute individually.
- Mentoring and developing talent. We are creating a high-performing team and we need to develop and nurture first-class PMs and engineers.
What you’ll need:
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth company
- 7+ years of product management experience, 2+ years directly managing others
- A passion for jumping deep into data and the ability to run experiments to quickly test hypotheses
- Experience building integrations with systems to power growth such as email service providers, customer data platforms, social and referrals
- Strong communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, and other audiences
- Strong leadership, customer engagement, organization, team influence, and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of prioritization frameworks and the ability to estimate the opportunity size for each initiative you take on
- You love getting in the weeds with design and engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to take a broad view on product decisions across disciplines – marketing, logistics, legal, customer service, supportability, etc.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. You roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary to drive your initiatives to completion
- Attention to detail – little things do make a difference
- You care passionately about delivering experiences that delight our customers
- Comprehensive healthcare, including medical, dental and vision
- Flex PTO
- Flexible work arrangements - part remote/all remote options
We are not your typical Silicon Valley startup - no sleep pods or cold brew on tap - but we are a transparent, hard-working team that enjoys helping others better their lives. We look forward to meeting you!