- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 26, 2021
- Product Management
Because is a high growth, direct-to-consumer personal care company focused on older adults. We started in 2017 with a simple idea - to make it easier for our families to get the products they needed. Today, we are on our way to becoming the #1 trusted brand for older adults, with the goal of helping millions lead vibrant, independent lives. We’ve raised over $40M in funding from top VC firms including Index Ventures and Khosla Ventures, and are grateful for the support for our customers, partners and investors.
About the role
In the last year we have doubled the number of active customers each month, and plan to exceed that level of growth in the coming year. To continue to provide our customers with the best possible experience, we’re looking for a Senior Customer Insights Manager to dedicate 100% of their focus on the customer experience.
Reporting to the VP of Customer Care, you’ll be responsible for all things churn and retention, two of the most important metrics to building a lasting subscription business. You’ll think holistically about our entire subscription business, jumping between high level strategy and execution, and will partner cross functionally to drive initiatives that keep our business healthy. This role is a first of it’s kind for us, allowing you the opportunity to not only shape customer experience at Because, but grow with us as we grow. Further, we’re open to allowing for fully remote work.
- Build, manage, and help to execute our retention roadmap - you’ll be the voice of our customers, driving change across all departments.
- Identify key points in the customer journey through data, customer feedback, and customer interviews.
- Propose and run tests to improve the experience in those key moments, as measured by improved retention,
- Work closely with the product, marketing, engineering, and ops teams to bring retention initiatives to life!
- Use data and qualitative analysis to define and understand retention KPIs
- Keep a pulse on the metrics that matter to the business, understand what moves those metrics (both positively and negatively), and provide direction to influence those metrics in the right direction
- Build systems to proactively identify problem areas in the business and bubble those up to the relevant stakeholder(s).
- 6+ years spent developing relevant skills and experience in a consumer insights, customer experience, strategic planning, or related roles. (In lieu of years of experience, we’d be very interested in speaking with you if you possess an MBA or have spent at least 2 years at a top-tier consulting firm)
- Strong project management skills (collaboration, communication, people management, etc.)
- Passion for deeply understanding the customer journey
- Comfort with large datasets and analysis, as well as the capacity to leverage both quantitative and qualitative data to enact change that positively impacts the customer experience
- Strong preference for candidates with some consumer startup experience
- Comprehensive healthcare, including medical, dental and vision
- Competitive compensation package
- Long term disability
- Product discounts
- Flex PTO
- We are a transparent, hard working team that enjoys helping others better their lives. We look forward to meeting you!
Because is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws.