- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Product Management
Because is a high growth, direct-to-consumer personal care company focused on older adults. We started in 2017 with a simple idea - to make it easier for our families to get the products they needed. Today, we are on our way to becoming the #1 trusted brand for older adults, with the goal of helping millions lead vibrant, independent lives. We’ve raised over $40M in funding from top VC firms including Index Ventures and Khosla Ventures, and are grateful for the support for our customers, partners and investors.
In the last year we have doubled the number of active customers each month, and plan to exceed that level of growth in the coming year. To continue to providing our customers with the best possible experience, we’re looking for a Sr. Manager of Retention to dedicate 100% of their focus on the customer experience.
This individual will be responsible for all things churn and retention, one of the most important metrics to building a lasting subscription business. It’s an opportunity to be a mini-GM; this person will get to think holistically about our entire subscription business. We’re looking for an athlete - someone who can jump from high level strategy to action; figuring out the initiatives to keep our business healthy. This is a very cross-functional role with growth opportunities.
- Build, manage, and help to execute our retention roadmap - you’ll be the voice of our customers, driving change across all departments.
- Identify key points in the customer journey through data, customer feedback, and customer interviews.
- Propose and run tests to improve the experience in those key moments, as measured by improved retention,
- Work closely with the product, marketing, engineering, and ops teams to bring retention initiatives to life!
- Use data and qualitative analysis to define and understand retention KPI’s
- Know the metrics that matter to the business
- Know what moves those metrics (both positively and negatively)
- Build systems to proactively identify problem areas in the business and bubble those up to the relevant stakeholder(s).
- 2-4 years experience, with some consumer startup experience
- MBA or 2+ years at a top-tier consulting firm preferred
- Comfort with large datasets and analysis
- Passion for deeply understanding the customer journey
- Comprehensive healthcare, including medical, dental and vision
- Competitive compensation package
- Long term disability
- Product discounts
- Flex PTO
We are not your typical Silicon Valley startup - no sleep pods or cold brew on tap. We are a transparent, hard working team that enjoys helping others better their lives. We look forward to meeting you!
Because is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws.