- United States
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Design & UI
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this through our digital therapeutics: Daylight™ for worry and anxiety, and Sleepio™ for poor sleep. These fully automated cognitive-behavioral programs are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs. Our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to engage people anytime and anywhere and ultimately help them overcome their mental health issues. Today, over 12 million people worldwide have access to Big Health’s products via leading employers in the US (including Target, Google, and Boston Medical) and the UK’s NHS.
As our Senior Product Designer, you’ll help design the next stage of growth and innovation for both our products. You’ll design meaningful experiences to engage people during their care journey and set the strategy on how we deliver quality mental health care to millions more people, wherever and whenever they need it.
Big Health is headquartered in San Francisco, and this role can be remote anywhere in the US.
What you’ll do:
- Own the design vision and end-to-end execution of new user experiences that bring more people into our mental health programs, leading to a 2x increase in engaged users
- Partner closely with product managers, clinical experts, engineers, and business leaders to find innovative, elegant, and practical solutions to design challenges
- Explore a wide range of design solutions, and rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes that will be tested with real people and iterated on
- Incorporate user research insights, clinical perspectives, and strategic objectives to deepen our understanding of our users, their interactions with our product, and the future for digital health programs
- Mentor other designers and cultivate a strong design culture within and beyond the Design team to support Big Health’s mission
What you bring:
- The ability to frame problems creatively, come up with a range of design solutions, and articulate the trade-offs between different options
- The ability to empathize and understand people with diverse backgrounds and needs
- A demonstrated ability to bring clarity and structure to complex systems or user experience challenges
- Excellent communication skills & a collaborative, flexible working style
- 3+ years of product design experience
- An online portfolio demonstrating your process, your designs, and the impact of your work
Life at Big Health
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret]
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more
- Competitive salary packages including stock options
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.