- United States
- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Product Management
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this through our digital therapeutics: Daylight™ for worry and anxiety, and Sleepio™ for poor sleep. These fully automated cognitive-behavioral programs are as scalable and clinically validated as drugs. Our software combines the intimacy of the human voice, engaging animation, and clinically rigorous techniques to engage people anytime and anywhere and ultimately help them overcome their mental health issues. Today, over 12 million people worldwide have access to Big Health’s products via leading employers in the US (including Target, Google, and Boston Medical) and the UK’s NHS.
At Big Health, we have innovated the way to deliver care to people and have unassailable, clinical evidence proving our products work.
This role is focused on the next stage of growth and innovation - in particular, how we get our products into the hands of people who need them. This team member will work closely with Customer Success and Design to develop marketing materials for our enterprise clients and help build processes to scale our outreach.
Big Health is headquartered in San Francisco and this role can be remote anywhere in the US.
What you’ll do
- Develop and manage product marketing campaigns aimed at different audiences across our client base
- Create proceses that enable Customer Success to support their accounts with marketing materials
- Manage successful customer launches that drive enrollment in our products
- Drive analysis of performance metrics across channels and clients to inform future campaign strategy
- Work with our internal design team as well as external agencies to develop new materials
- Identify and select technology solutions and vendors that support enrollment processes
What you’ll bring
- 3-4 years marketing experience
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize between tasks
- Attention to detail (can you spot the typo in this job listing?)
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong user empathy and passion for helping others improve their sleep and reduce worry and anxiety
- Able to flex between creative and analytical modes; as comfortable designing a campaign as you are digging for insights in a dataset
- Able to build rapport with cross-functional stakeholders
Life at Big Health
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret]
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more
- Competitive salary packages including stock options
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.