- United States
- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Research & Science
At Big Health, our purpose is to help millions back to good mental health. We do this by creating digital therapeutics: fully automated yet highly personalized programs that are scalable and clinically proven to work. Our programs harness the intimacy of the human voice and the power of animation to engage and entertain, while delivering complex concepts to help our users overcome their unique mental health challenges. Our Big Health mission is truly our guiding light. We want to help millions back to good mental health, and every interaction we have with a user is a chance to be impactful and help them to be one of those million.
We are looking for a Director of Research to lead and manage our research function. You will be a core member of the Clinical & Research team and report to the VP of Clinical Development & Medical Affairs. In this role, you will oversee internal and external clinical research studies, real world research efforts, and ensure ongoing alignment between research activities and company objectives. You will manage a team of researchers and continue to build and develop that team as needed. You will represent Big Health externally through provision of thought leadership at conferences, events, and written communications, and you will communicate with external investigators and continue to develop and strengthen relationships with external investigators and research institutions. You will collaborate closely with Clinical, Product, Marketing, Sales, Regulatory & Quality, and Customer Success to ensure alignment across activities.
We are headquartered in San Francisco, and this role can be based anywhere in the US.
As the Director of Research at Big Health, you will:
- Lead our research function including managing research team members and overseeing clinical research and real world research pipeline development
- Accelerate our pipeline of research through extension of supportive infrastructure and academic networks
- Increase cross-functional collaboration between research and product, marketing, sales, customer success, and regulatory
- Successfully complete core studies according to predefined business needs
- Define ROI for research activities
To be successful in this role, you are:
- A skilled clinical researcher: you are comfortable with the entire research process from planning to peer review publication, and you have a track record of effectively managing completion of research studies according to predetermined timelines. You are proficient at writing research reports for manuscript publication or other reporting
- A scientific communicator: you know your science and research and are able to effectively communicate these topics to lay stakeholders in an accessible and engaging way, both in written and verbal communication.
- Detail-oriented: you understand that details matter, particularly when it comes to clinical/research topics and communicating with external stakeholders. You ensure your work & your team’s work meets a high standard for accuracy and polish.
- An independent manager: you have experience managing researchers and managing efficient pipelines of research. You are comfortable delegating research activities and contributing independently to research efforts, particularly writing high quality manuscripts for publication.
- Organized and process-oriented: you are a skilled project manager, you can balance a large number of research projects and tasks to your predetermined timelines.
Life at Big Health
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret].
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options.
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.