- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Business Development
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
We’re looking for a Government Partnerships Manager, with a focus on the DACH region, who can drive cross functional communication, processes, and has experience working directly with elected officials and/or city administrators. This person will be flexible, a creative thinker, be able to think outside the box, will excel at project management, has built and/or led teams, is highly operational and highly entrepreneurial.
- Help solve regulatory challenges related to entering and operating in multiple markets by developing a foundation for Bird to work in partnership with city and community stakeholders, primarily in DACH
- Excel at identifying and addressing local concerns; will actively manage Bird’s participation in any regulatory processes required, such as testifying at legislative hearings; negotiate with elected officials, agency regulators and other stakeholders; and will otherwise advocate for Bird to achieve favorable operating conditions as needed
- Work with the Policy / Government team and with other departments, including Operations, Legal and Marketing and with external consultants
- Facilitate the suitable regulatory frameworks for Bird to operate across DACH
- Ensure smooth launches in new cities and ensure that the company remains responsive to local concerns as they emerge
- Introduce Bird to new markets; navigate city and state regulatory structures; respond to and mitigate local concerns as they arise; develop positive working relationships with government and community stakeholders
- 7+ years of experience in the Policy/Government worlds, with a focus on DACH
- BA required, advanced degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required in English and German
- Flexibility to travel as needed, experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience navigating bureaucracy, interacting with different stakeholders
- Self-starter, ability to own and drive priorities within your portfolio
- Flexible, creative thinker, able to think outside the box and pursue new solutions
- Understanding of both the regulatory processes and politics involved at the state and local level
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.