- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
- Business Development
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The Business Operations Manager will champion high priority projects for our SVP of Corporate Development & Strategy. In this role, you will amplify the profitable growth of our business through tackling key business priorities, scaling best practices, and implementing operational improvements. We need a strategic critical thinker who can draw upon strong operational and analytical experience to start at 30,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high quality results. Additionally, this role will involve supporting other business units with key strategic initiatives as we prepare for our next phase of growth and become a public-ready company.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
As a remote first organization, this position can be based across a number of of Bird locations in EMEA, including the Netherlands, Belgium, England, Italy & Spain.
- Partner with company leadership to define our strategy in EMEA, including the opening of new markets, vehicle allocation and pricing
- Develop frameworks and drive data analysis on strategic priorities in order to optimize our business and solve the biggest problems as they arise
- Partner cross-functionally with other members of the Bird team to drive strategic initiatives, measure the impact and efficiency of processes, while identifying new ways to create value for the business
- Lead recurring strategic planning processes to set operational and financial targets and identify highest ROI means of deploying our vehicles
- Incubate and test new solutions to business problems, and scale the highest potential solutions from ideation through global implementation
- Oversee business performance reporting and own strategic content distribution to executive leadership
- Be a hard-working multitasker, supporting teams in multiple locations. You’ll be one of the go to people when the business requires solutions to fire drills
- BA/BS degree required, master degree(s) preferred
- Experience leading cross-functional strategic initiatives at all steps of the process including preparation of analyses to form a diagnosis, engagement with critical stakeholders, and execution
- 6-8+ years of relevant experience at a top-tier company in consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or corporate development, business operations or strategy teams of high-growth start-ups / technology companies
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Strong analytical capabilities, including comfort with building financial models to drive decision making on strategic initiatives
- Experience packaging insights from data analysis into adequate outputs (Google Sheets, Powerpoint) to facilitate executive engagement and decision making
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- A “get it done” attitude – bias toward action, great collaboration and master disambiguation – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Basic SQL capabilities preferred, but not required
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a work from home monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.