- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
This role exists to maintain and administer U.S. & global benefits mainly around employee data, benefit files, records, compliance related forms, benefits billing, reporting, data file feeds, benefits new hire education & enrollments, changes in enrollment status, benefit termination, COBRA, FMLA, LTD, STD, ACA, leave of absence and the promotion and maintenance of the U.S./Global wellness program. This role also acts as a liaison to employees for their daily benefit needs i.e. management of the dedicated benefits inbox and other benefit related channels of communication. A crucial component of this role is to also assure we maintain all statutory requirements, globally.
- Manage all benefits billing i.e. PO entry, bill auditing, financial reporting, submission to accounts payable for payment, complete remittance documents, budget reconciliation and demographic analysis for self funded billing.
- Administer Leave of Absence for all Bird locations i.e. manage policy, schedule regular meetings with both the employee & manager, calculate pay distribution to payroll, be a liaison among; our third party leave vendor, the employee & the manager to assure all paperwork is submitted timely and is compliant, work with local company doctors to assure smooth reintegration, and oversee any interactive process that need to take place in regard to ADA related accommodations.
- Maintain both the US and Global benefits inbox & slack channels by answering all benefit inquiries.
- Payroll reconciliation and submission for all international locations around PTO, leave of absence pay, holidays, and benefit deductions/stipends.
- Administer the Bird global wellness program i.e. maintain event calendar, manage all wellness vendors, regularly promote and educate employees of the program, help to build wellness strategy by bringing in new vendors and programing that supports the global population
- Pension & retirement administration i.e. approve distributions, gather data for annual audits, load payroll contributions to global pension plans, help to schedule and take minutes for quarterly 401k committee meetings.
- Administer benefit enrollments, qualified life events, opt out of medical stipends, new hire onboarding of benefits, & maintain benefit enrollment documentation for global regions
- Maintain all benefits related regulatory compliance across all Bird regions
- Maintain all internal benefits related communications for; new hires, open enrollment, leave of absence, benefits pages via the company intranet, & any other comms that may need to be dispersed by the benefits team
- Manage demographic files for ancillary coverages such as life, AD & D, short-term, & long term disability plans
Requirements & Preferred Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of relevant benefits administration experience
- 5+ total years of experience, including:
- 2+ years of international benefits administration (EMEA preferred) experience
- 2+ years of benefits billing & vendor management
- Previous knowledge administering benefits in both the U.S. and globally(especially in the EMEA region)
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Advanced presentation skills
- Comfortable with regular phone & zoom conversations with employees
- Comfortable easily pivoting and adapting to new priorities
- Can work in an ever changing, fast paced environments
- HIPAA certified preferred
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.