- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 9, 2021
- Buying & Merchandising
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Who is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
The role of Senior Vendor Manager is to lead, facilitate and negotiate complex R&D projects, SaaS vendors and act as a central point for commercial interaction over key categories of the vendor base, while maintaining the internal vendor database to ensure third party vendors are compliant according to Bird’s policy. The position will also need to support cash flow tracking, month and quarter end financial closing activities. The senior role will take on additional responsibility to drive and optimize commercial workflows that support ongoing business models while maximizing vendor productivity and efficiency.
- Review, track and support capital and operational budget of assigned category or department
- Review and resolve PO, prepayment and accrual discrepancy to support company monthly and quarterly close to be in compliant with any SOX, SEC and other required public company financial reporting
- Support the production, logistic and delivery of products and services of key R&D program
- Support cost reduction initiatives across existing vendor base
- Guide company functions on commercial best practices that fits the micro-mobility operation model
- Maintain commercial relationship of strategic vendor relationships
- Lead RFx and assigned strategic sourcing initiatives
- Lead contracts and agreement negotiation to optimize result for assigned category of vendors
- Contribute upkeep to the vendor database within G2
Knowledge and Experience
- Education: A bachelor’s in engineering, supply chain, business, or finance related
- Experience: 5-7 years of experience in purchasing, logistic, vendor relations or manufacturing of physical products in the automotive, micro-mobility, electronics or consumer product industry
- Familiar with controls around capital and operational expenditures
- Experienced with start-up environment in a global setting
- Global vendor and logistic for consumer facing products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in managing capital operational expenditure in a fast pace and dynamic environment
- Being able to approach business case holistically and connect vendor’s need with company requirement in an ambiguous environment
- Capable of coaching and guiding individuals and groups through commercial best practices and rules of engagement
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex commercial agreement for high level executive decision making
- Travel Requirement: Up to 15% travel onsite to vendors domestically or internationally
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat