- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
- Buying & Merchandising
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
- Ensure competitiveness for Bird against global market benchmarks (pricing and practices)
- Maximize cost savings and value creation with all vendors to improve Bird’s profitability
- Manage vendor relationships and associated contracts setting aggressive targets for product cost reduction to improve marginsResponsible for providing expert-level knowledge of the supply base (battery cell and or motor)
- Implement multiple negotiation strategies pushing boundaries and taking calculated risks to enhance Bird’s P&L
- Identify alternative supply models including near sourcing and postponement
- Budgets and Cost Control: Plan for and use resources efficiently, always look for ways to reduce costs, create accurate and realistic budgets, track and adjust budgets, contribute to budget planning. Results meet or exceed budget in all categories
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sourcing or procurement
- Proficient in both English and Mandarin Chinese (written & oral), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment where overtime and long hours will be requested
- Demonstrates a highly successful track record in a commercial environment
- Experience working with global focus
- A strong team player capable of building relationship
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.