- United States
- Date Posted
- Sep. 15, 2021
- Data Science
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Los Angeles, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
- Leverage your experience and skills to understand and share how our users (riders, operators, etc) interact with and use our core business products
- Help define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products and to monitor product adoption & health across our vehicle and marketplace ecosystems
- Partner with Engineering and Data Science to develop and implement experiments to test hypothesis for which changes will drive product adoption and growth
- Partner with Engineering to develop, implement, and test experiments meant to drive product adoption or usage
- Design the data strategy, select applicable statistical methods and synthesize results from complex A/B multivariate tests
- Communicate via compelling, easy-to-use dashboards or analysis the state of our business and products, operational performance, experiment results, and potential opportunities for growth
- Influence and inform product teams through write-ups, meeting and presentations of data-based recommendations
- Write ETLs to make product data consumable for our internal data and product customers
- Conduct hands-on modeling/analytics retrieving, compiling, and analyzing large volumes of data from disparate databases into distilled, actionable information and insights
- Champion the analytics process – from measurement strategies, data preparation, modeling, cleansing and evaluation
- Lead by example and help educate business stakeholders with varying technical or non-technical backgrounds
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, economics, or finance from a competitive school
- Highly Proficient in SQL
- Fluency in either R or Python strongly desired: candidates should be able to acquire, manipulate, transform, and visualize data using these languages
- 2+ years of experience using data to facilitate business or product decisions
- Experience designing and analyzing randomized control trials
- Ability to develop and manage an experimentation roadmap in collaboration with Product and Operations team
- Understanding of data warehouse architecture and data design
- Responsible and reliable to the people you work with - this is a team effort!
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
- Effective communication skills: you can build the story and then tell it just as well
- Project management savvy: you expect best from your peers to get joint projects done well
- Seize opportunities and willing to go beyond the task at hand
- Responsiveness: you deliver timely, digestible answers to complex asks
- Constantly think of ways to improve our products and the business
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.