- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Engineering Hardware
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
Roles & Responsibility
- Coordinating the technical communication between Bird Engineering and APAC suppliers, including but not limited to drawing communication and alignment, test plan alignment, PPAP planning and alignment, etc.
- Provide Engineering support to component design and component sourcing
- Lead DFM activities with both suppliers and designers
- Conducting analysis of stacks tolerance to ensure efficient assembly and reliable product performance and provide feedback to design counterpart
- Responsible for metrology and measurement alignment between Bird and suppliers
- Responsible for execution and communication of design change
- Review and design production fixture and gauge
- Analyze and evaluate process capability as needed
- Conduct and review FAI for tooling qualification
- Candidates will also be required to balance multiple projects, utilizing various skill sets in a highly dynamic and diverse working environment.
- He/She needs to be detail oriented and a critical thinker. He/she must establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with external and internal teams
- Bachelor or master’s degree of mechanical engineering
- Experience and familiarity with DFA/DFM;
- 5+ years related working experience
- Deep and practical knowledge about manufacturing process related to mechanical parts
- Good understanding and experience with electrics is a plus
- Quality control related knowledge and experience preferred
- Able to use 3D CAD software (solid works, etc) to design simple fixtures
- Familiar with Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) of mechanical drawings
- Understand phase-gate development processes for new products in development;
- English proficiency with both verbal and written
- Good communication skills
- A team player
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.