- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
The Accounting Team at Bird is responsible for producing monthly GAAP compliant, three statement financials. We partner cross functionally with the business to deliver financial and accounting insights and guidance. We project manage an annual audit, and are responsible for establishing a control environment.
- Prepare consolidated monthly financials and management reporting packages
- Assist in 10K and 10Q filings for SEC reporting requirements
- Partner cross-functionally to develop, implement, improve, and execute financial and accounting processes and systems
- Prepare monthly workpapers and manage month end close deliverables
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts which include accrued liabilities, inventory, debt, equity and more.
- Experience with consolidation and intercompany transactions preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in public accounting or 4+ years in accounting or related field
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures like revenue recognition, accrued expense, and intercompany consolidation
- Able to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment, while demonstrating strong planning and prioritization skill
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.