- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
Who Is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
You will be an instrumental contributor as we build the finance team in a global, hyper growth environment. You will work closely with our business partners to guide business critical strategic investment decisions, develop, track and manage budgets, and drive process improvements in connection with corporate strategy.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable performing in ambiguous working environments and driven to solve problems. This role will be responsible for assisting on a variety of financial projects that require financial diligence and oversight, organization of stakeholders, strong communication, and project management.
- Drive executive-level, strategic investment decisions process by working with the business to analyze ROI and present key decisions
- Lead cross-functional due diligence and strategy development for future large-scale capital allocation decisions
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure a smooth budgeting and procure to pay process, while maintaining a pulse on the impact of spend on cash flow
- Contribute thought leadership to analytical and decision-making frameworks and processes that improve quality, increase efficiency, and drive towards profitability
- Proactively partner with cross-functional stakeholders to identify financial drivers of the business & maintain the highest level of data quality
- Build sophisticated in-depth financial models from scratch to enable business planning and decision-making
- Maintain financial reporting tools in conjunction with the data team
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators to inform future business direction
- Be nimble with roles and responsibilities and operate effectively under pressure
- Desire to put on multiple hats and support various ad hoc workstreams
- 4+ years of finance experience
- 3+ years of experience in corporate finance (years may be substituted with investment banking, private equity or accounting experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or in a related discipline
- Exceptional financial modeling, forecasting, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to make quantitative and qualitative assessments of data
- Demonstrated ability to work within ambiguity, identify and solve complex problems
- Hardware and/or supply chain experience at a high-growth environment
- Ability and excitement to partner with business leaders
- Ability to work independently, effectively handle multiple competing priorities and manage deadlines under pressure
- Entrepreneurial spirit and thrives in a fast paced, evolving environment
- SQL and data visualization experience a plus
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.