- United States
- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
Bird is hiring a Diversity & Learning Lead on the People Strategy & Development team! This role will help set the overall diversity and learning strategy and execute against key people initiatives to unlock the potential of our employees and teams. You will be both a strategist and content creator for key deliverables across the business that support and solve complex challenges. As a company that touches millions of people across the world, we are committed to growing an organization that is as diverse as our user base so that we can intimately understand, and create for, the multifaceted cultures and identities of our customers.
- Use company data and leading practices to design, develop, and implement custom learning and development programs focused on various employee populations, including but not limited to individual contributors, people managers, high potentials, and leaders
- Lead and partner with the Talent Partner team to support the organization’s learning and development goals; leverage change management expertise to guide teams through change
- Own the ideation, coordination, administration, and program management of all DEI programs, including: Employee Resource Groups, Recruiting programs, talent programs, etc.
- Facilitate and support execution of internal events, workshops, and programs focused on increasing a sense of belonging and inclusion at Bird
- Serve as a diversity and learning subject matter expert by giving perspective, insights, and knowledge in a consultative manner to stakeholders across the business including: c-suite, executives, managers, individual contributors, ERG leads, etc.
- Define key diversity and learning performance metrics for the organization; develop metrics, and track delivery against program objectives, and compile key insights on the impact of programs
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Masters Degree in HR or related field preferred
- 3+ years of progressive DEI and Learning & Development experience in fast-paced, high rate-of-change environments, preferable within a professional services/consulting firm
- Strong communication (oral and written), presentation, relationship and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and collaborate with cross-functional partners
- MBA or MHRM are a plus
- No travel required
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.