- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 9, 2021
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Who Is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
Bird is hiring a Talent Partner (HRBP) Manager who will manage a team of two Talent Partners and be a key partner in planning and driving both new and existing People Team programs and projects. These programs include performance management, engagement, career development, talent planning, and initiatives that will amplify the team’s leadership capabilities. This role is critical in shaping and scaling our culture as we continue to grow rapidly. You will be a key partner to leadership to enable them to build, lead, and develop a diverse, high-performing team on a global scale. To be successful, you must be both strategic and hands-on, motivated by the challenge to build culture at scale, and dedicated to creating employee-centric HR solutions. You will lead the team that is the listening mechanism to and from the business and you will be an integral partner in driving cultural initiatives.
- Lead, coach, and guide the Global Talent Partner (HRBP) team to build and execute effective talent strategies in support of each function.
- Partner with senior leaders and provide guidance in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, legal risk mitigation/compliance, employee relations, learning and development, recognition programs, and strategic development
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the Talent team to develop solutions, programs, and policies that support business and employee growth
- Navigate complex employee relations issues with an empathetic, solution-oriented approach
- Serve as a key leader in employee communications and organizational compliance
- Define key performance metrics for the Talent Partner function: develop metrics, and track delivery against program objectives, and compile key insights on the impact of programs
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in a relevant field
- 8+ years of HR Business Partner or generalist experience directly supporting senior leaders at high-growth companies; 2 years of management experience
- Knowledge of core HRBP programs including employee relations, investigations, performance management, engagement, succession, and compensation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and collaborate with cross-functional partners
- MBA or MHRM are a plus
- No travel required
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.