- Santa Monica, CA
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
Bird is hiring a Talent Partners Lead who will lead a team of Talent Partners and be a key partner in planning and driving both new and existing People Team programs and projects. These programs include performance management, engagement, career development, talent planning, and initiatives that will amplify the team’s leadership capabilities. This role is critical in shaping and scaling our culture as we continue to grow rapidly. You will be a key partner to leadership to enable them to build, lead, and develop a diverse, high performing team on a global scale. To be successful, you must be both strategic and hands-on, motivated by the challenge to build culture at scale, and dedicated to creating employee-centric HR solutions. You will lead the team that is the listening mechanism to and from the business and you will be an integral partner in driving cultural initiatives.
- Lead, coach and guide the Global Talent Partner team to build and execute effective talent strategies in support of each function
- Oversee alignment and coordination of the execution of Talent Partner programs across the team, such as team member relations, leadership development, talent assessment, diversity planning, and succession planning
- Define key performance metrics for the Talent Partner function: develop metrics, and track delivery against program objectives, and compile key insights on the impact of programs
- Serve as key advisor in managing employee relations matters globally
- Partner closely with business leaders and the broader people team to build and execute timely, effective, and scalable people programs and processes which will support overall business goals
- Partner with the Talent Strategy team to drive future organizational design and change management initiatives to help maintain a high-performing, motivated, and impactful team
- Manage multiple stakeholders within the people department and other departments such as legal and communications
- Serve as a key leader in employee communications and organizational compliance
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 4-6 years of progressive HR Business Partner experience in fast-paced, high rate-of-change environments
- Global or international experience, understanding of EMEA processes is strongly preferred
- Previous experience managing a team of HRBPs and passion about seeing others grow through coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Knowledge of core HRBP programs including employee relations, investigations, performance management, engagement, succession, and compensation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and collaborate with cross-functional partners
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.