- United States
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
Who Is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
This role will serve as the subject matter expert for the Operations organization, particularly related to Zendesk expertise and driving delivery via various CRM platforms. You will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations, driving the strategic direction, and delivering maximum efficiency via CRM platforms (Zendesk). You will need to juggle a diverse workload that includes troubleshooting the various applications, to optimizing how they are used to identify which product enhancements Bird should implement.
The role demands great technical depth, innate curiosity, a data driven mindset, a stubborn refusal to settle, strong communication skills, and a mentality of starting with the user and working backwards. The ideal candidate is motivated by building the future, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, is always driving small improvements in process, hustles, and loves making something from nothing.
- Maintain expert-level understanding of all Zendesk enhancements and releases
- Work with our engineering team to effect automations which solve out our highest inbound volume
- Troubleshoot and resolve any software performance issues
- Administer the use of various talk, text, and email platforms to optimize effectiveness of Operations teams
- Manage a queue of operational requests, prioritizing against evolving business priorities
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure efficiency and cross functional alignment as we build and scale
- Support a culture of continuous improvement to continually raise the bar of execution
- Liaise with the respective CRM’s helpdesks to resolve technical issues
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders in various teams such as Product, Security and IT
- BA/BS in Business, Economics, Engineering, or other quantitative fields
- 5+ years of system or application administration
- Zendesk Administrator experience with the Support Suite (Support, Talk, Guide, Chat, Explore)
- Deep understanding of Support: Groups, Custom Roles, Ticket Forms, Conditional Forms, Triggers, Events Window, etc.
- Working knowledge of Zendesk API and its functional applications
- SQL experience
- Proven ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences, and translate feedback from non-technical audiences into actionable implementations
- Proven ability to solve practical business problems
- Proven project management, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast-paced environment
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Product development experience
- Experience in the media, digital and/or tech industries
- Professional experience with Tableau, R, or Python
- Growth mindset: seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.