- Santa Monica, CA
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
Who Is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
Our legal team is focused on helping Bird grow and scale while safeguarding its interests. We are looking to add a Paralegal with at least 4-6 years of broad-based transactional legal support and administrative experience to handle a variety of responsibilities. Reporting to Bird’s Senior Legal Director, this position will support many of Bird’s legal team needs.
- Contract management and general legal document organization: managing forms/templates, getting signatures, inputting contracts into the contract management system, and record retrieval
- Supporting and project managing document and administrative needs in corporate activity (business licenses, foreign qualifications, securities matters)
- Basic legal drafting and review: NDAs, templates, amendments, correspondence
- Process creation and improvement to support legal operations: creating and managing forms and tracking tools, developing processes, evaluating software
- General administrative support to attorneys
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4-6 years of experience at a law firm or in house legal department of a large company
- Experience preparing and processing corporate filings
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently to analyze issues, collect information and solve problems
- Able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word), Adobe Acrobat Pro, and legal software tools (databases, e-signature tools, e-discovery tools, etc.)
- Preferred to be local to Santa Monica, CA due to tasks such as wet signatures, notarizations, and mail handling
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.