- Date Posted
- Dec. 30, 2021
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The General Manager is the P&L owner and primary team development champion for the Benelux market. The GM sets the ongoing strategy for maximizing revenue city profitability; specifically, ensuring we have vehicles ready and in the right places to maximize revenue. This position is responsible for oversight of in-region KPIs and for leading or contributing to cross-functional strategy work groups aimed to improve the operational capabilities of the business. This is a leadership role within Bird both in supporting the right business outcomes for Bird as well as driving the development and progression of their direct reports.
- Lead and execute on the strategy for the market to grow our fleet size and footprint and achieve P&L targets
- Manage local team. Ensure strong performance and deliverables from the team. Create a good and collaborative working environment.
- Manage P&L for the market, understand drivers and improvement points. Have clear action plans to hit P&L targets. Ensure the portfolio of Fleet Managers is healthy and be the escalation point for local partner relationships
- Represent Bird in the community with local media and in city relationships with key cities. Help with prioritisation for other functions (GP, Sales, Comms, ...) subject to needs and local strategy.
- Participate and contribute in meetings with different stakeholders and teams (ie product, policy, finance). Provide local input from the local market.
- Bachelor Degree
- 7+ years in market management
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 4+ years in heavy operational environment
- Strong academic background with top tier MBA preferred
- Extremely high EQ
- Ability to lead & influence in a cross-collaborative environment
- Data driven, driving the right outcomes from data back decision making
- 25% Frequent travel within market. Occasional travel to regional or central HQ.
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a work from home stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.