- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
This high visibility leadership role will be responsible for leading & executing on the overall region strategy for operations & expansion including: leading Bird’s operational performance, navigating regional expansion, leading, coaching & growing the team, own and manage the regional P&L. This is one of the most challenging and rewarding roles at Bird, requiring a diverse set of policy, operational, strategy, analytical, marketing, community building, and leadership abilities.
If you are up to the task, able to think on your feet, manage through the ambiguity of a quickly shifting industry, whilst managing and developing high performing teams - all while delivering results, we want to speak with you!
- Day-to-day operations: Manage the regions operations teams across all live cities;
- Set, execute and continuously refine the ongoing strategy for maximizing regional revenue profitability;
- KPI oversight: Own the core KPIs of the region and overall growth of the region, leading initiatives to boost Bird’s rider base & revenue;
- Expansion: Lead the overall expansion plan for the region from developing the new city strategy to delivering on launches whilst ensuring world-class operations in the new cities we operate;
- Team growth & leadership: Drive team growth in the region and build a thriving local operations team;
- P&L ownership: Full accountability for the management of regional performance against forecasts to consistently hit & exceed targets;
- Stakeholder management: Build and develop strong relationships with senior cross-functional leaders (e.g. marketing, government relations, communications, data science, business development) and help define the goals and objectives of these teams at the local level;
- Media + government relations: Be the face of Bird in the media + engage with city stakeholders & work with our GP teams to position Bird as the most attractive e-scooter operator for cities within the region.
- Masters degree or equivalent, MBA preferred;
- 7+ years proven track record within operations management, business consulting, or related fields. Experience in managing complex operations, building and developing diverse teams and delivering strong business results;
- 5+ years of people management experience, 4+ years in a heavy operational environment
- P&L management experience a must;
- Entrepreneurial hustle and proven self-starter with owner’s mentality;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build sustainable relationships, lead a team, influence stakeholders, and inspire others;
- Strong ability to multitask, handle fire drills, and work through ambiguity;
- Willingness to travel within Sweden, & Finland;
- Full Swedish proficiency (Finnish a big plus);
- Previous policy or media experience a big plus.
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.