- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
As a Logistics Associate, you will be responsible for handling truck logistics, route planning, vendor negotiation and internal/external customer support.
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Managing/Dealing with the daily effects of industry congestion.
- Implementing transport strategies that align with Bird’s mission of reducing global carbon emissions
- Coordinate with and manage 3PLs, to schedule and execute shipments, solving for visibility, predictability, SPEED, and efficiency
- Facilitate communication between internal teams (procurement, planning, operations, and market teams) to ensure all stakeholders are actively aware of supply levels and shipments schedules.
- Creatively overcome hurdles and escalate as needed to the EMEA Supply Chain Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or discipline in a quantitative field
- Minimum 4+ years of supply chain or relevant operational work experience
- You’re a strong team player, capable of building relationships at all levels within an internal organisation.
- You love excel and feel like diving through data is core to your values on how to run business
- You have excellent communication (written & oral), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience designing/redesigning supply chain processes, maximizing capacity and efficiency is how you roll!
- Excellent verbal and written communication and people skills, with a ‘roll up your sleeves’ mentality
- ERP and WMS Experience, preferably Netsuite
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat