- California, US
- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. Bird has grown very rapidly in its first few years. We’ve provided tens of millions of rides to riders in over 100 cities around the globe - and we’re only just getting started.
The Business Operations Manager will champion high priority projects for our VP of Corporate Development & Strategy. In this role, you will amplify the profitable growth of our business through tackling key business priorities, scaling best practices, and implementing operational improvements. We need a strategic critical thinker who can draw upon strong operational and analytical experience to start at 30,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high quality results. Additionally, this role will involve supporting other business units (e.g., HR) with key strategic initiatives as we prepare for our next phase of growth and become a public-ready company.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
- Develop frameworks and drive data analysis on strategic priorities in order to optimize our business and solve the biggest problems as they arise
- Partner cross-functionally with other members of the Bird team to measure the impact and efficiency of processes, while identifying new ways to create value for the business
- Lead recurring strategic planning processes to set operational and financial targets and identify highest ROI means of deploying our vehicles
- Specifically partner in depth with the HR / people team to build strategies aimed at maximizing organizational effectiveness, recruiting and retaining top talent, and continuous improvement of people programs
- Incubate and test new solutions to business problems, and scale the highest potential solutions from ideation through global implementation
- Oversee business performance reporting and own strategic content distribution to executive leadership
- Be a hard-working multitasker, supporting teams in multiple locations. You’ll be one of the go to people when the business requires solutions to fire drills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 6-8+ years of relevant experience in business strategy / consulting, investment banking, business intelligence or related; experience at a high growth startup is a plus
- Exceptional communication and organization skills
- Strong Excel and data analytics capabilities, including comfort with building financial models to drive decision making on strategic initiatives
- Experience packaging insights from data analysis into slide output (Google Sheets, Powerpoint) to facilitate executive engagement and decision making
- Basic SQL capabilities preferred, but not required
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- A “get it done” attitude – bias toward action, great collaboration and master disambiguation – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.