- Date Posted
- Dec. 30, 2021
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The Operations Manager, EMEA Service Centers role will oversee and manage the facilities across the region. Using strong operational and analytical experience, this person will manage a team of Service Center Managers and Associates and ensure operational excellence across the facilities within EMEA.
This role is instrumental to ensure high standards across Bird service centers, drive high operational performance with detailed planning, own inventory management and drive the service center footprint strategy. The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
- Manage Production/Service Centers across the EMEA region, ensuring vehicle production and refurbishment throughput, with consistently hitting planning and targets. Ensure best practice sharing across all the units and optimal Service Center setup.
- This role is a people leadership role, managing several Service Center Managers and Associates across the region. The Operations Manager, Service Centers can manage their team to goals and targets to ensure facility productivity.
- Be the ultimate responsible and ensure inventory management across all Bird operated facilities. This includes managing a facility to inventory KPIs through first hand knowledge of inventory product and process to ensure tight controls through day to day vehicle movement and the ability to project manage large scope inventory counts with highly scrutinized timelines.
- Lead budgeting and labour planning with the team for all facilities, and ensure budgets and targets are hit. Work cross functionally with supply chain to plan for vehicle spare parts and coordinate vehicle deliveries.
- This role will participate in cross collaborative working groups to drive innovative solutions to complex vehicle reliability problems including spare parts planning, repair training, FM technical knowledge support, & city regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field, or additional four years of work experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years in an environment combining operations/ logistics/ mechanical tasks.
- 2+ years of people management (5+ people)
- Project Management
- Interpersonal skills, conflict management and strong EQ
- Mechanically inclined and willingness to work with hands
- Believer in Six Sigma, Kaizen or Lean operating processes
- Travel up to 25% based on sub-region
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a work from home stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.