- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
Who Is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Operations Manager role will oversee multiple markets, manage a P&L, and champion high priority projects. This role will look around corners to make decisions that will positively impact the markets and help amplify the growth of our business. The Operations Manager will also manage a team that works closely with our in-field teams and Fleet Manager partners to assist, guide and ensure they are set up to succeed. The fleet manager program is a new global program for local entrepreneurs and small businesses interested in operating a fleet of scooters in their city.
Using strong operational and analytical experience, this person will work with our General Managers to tackle key projects that will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We need a strategic critical thinker who can start at 30,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high quality results.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
- Drive the vision and execution of world class operations within the markets you manage with minimal oversight from your General Manager
- Manage a subset of regional markets, responsible for the P&L, achieving monthly targets, and for strategic operational decisions
- Manage and develop your team to help them grow and achieve their professional goals; be a motivator who can provide leadership during response situations
- Regularly interact with key stakeholders in our cities and within community groups
- Oversee warehouse operations to ensure safe and efficient practices
- Partner with your colleagues cross-functionally to implement high-profile, high-impact projects
- Look around corners to ensure strong and compliant local operations that ensure the long-term success of their and Bird’s businesses as well as all of our city and customers.
- Be solution oriented and help resolve “fire drill” situations.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience with 2+ years of direct management experience
- A “get it done” attitude – bias toward action, great collaboration and master disambiguation – constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Project management experience and proven ability to deliver results
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Previous experience communicating with and negotiating with external stakeholders.
- Be a down-to-earth leader who can balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
- Explorer – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data required will make you much more effective in this role
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, get in the field, and lead by example
- Strong Excel / data management / Powerpoint skills
Knowledge of SQL
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.