- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started!
Our Accounting team plays a critical role in ensuring optimal financial management and efficient operations across Bird. The team partners across all departments at Bird to appropriately inform key business decisions and facilitate the execution of operational plans.
As our business of changing the world through shared micro-mobility services continues to scale and consumers now begin searching for alternative modes of transportation with fewer crowds, we are seeking a full-time, Order Management Specialist to join our accounting team! This is a brand new position that plays a critical role to support the Company’s continued growth by building the framework for operational excellence, sales efficiency, revenue recognition and AR, and customer satisfaction. We are looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated individual who is seeking an opportunity to further their operational and accounting experience while directly contributing to the execution and success of strategic initiatives.
The Order Management Specialist will work cross-functionally to define order management processes and own the process for booking orders across all sales verticals in accordance with our internal company policies. In addition to sales support activities and continuous process improvement, this role will be responsible for Sales Orders, Cash Sales, monitoring item fulfillments, inventory, AR, revenue considerations, customer issue resolution and related month end bookings and reconciliation. The role will require cross-departmental collaboration with sales, sales operations, finance, revenue, product and more. This position is an individual contributor, reports to the Senior Manager of Global Revenue, and will be part of a highly motivated and collaborative team!
- Own all AR related accounting; including bookings, month end reconciliation and insights. At Bird, AR activities will have impacts to Revenue, Inventory, and COGS, and requires an understanding of the accounting impacts of each
- Create process and execute Sales Order and invoice creation across all sales verticals
- Conduct weekly assessments of open Sales Orders and ensure that all invoices are accompanied by an inventory fulfillment
- Structure and enforce best practices around deal structure, order form guidelines, and all other pre-sale and post-sale processes
- Maintain up to date customer records within NetSuite and continue to improve the process for safely collecting and storing customer information
- Maintain payment gateways and partner with cross functional teams to ensure fluid setup, consistency, understanding, and structure of all gateways and outgoing payments
- Structure a collection policy to resolve outstanding invoices and quickly solve for customer inquiries and discrepancies
- Perform bad debt assessments and record applicable quarterly entries, as well as provide accounting with feedback on uncollected invoices to inform the bad debt reserve
- Book and reconcile daily cash sales against bank activities
- Create business processes, systems, reporting, and enhance documentation and controls as part of compliance efforts
- Partner with product, data, and business intelligence teams to build scalable accounting processes, reporting and automation in NetSuite and other systems
- Influence product and finance in terms of billing and payment system improvement and automation
- Ensure data integrity within reporting tools and the transfer of information to adjacent systems (i.e. Tableau and Netsuite)
- Proactively contribute ideas and innovations to improve upon existing systems, work processes and order to cash procedures
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles including but not limited to accounts receivable, revenue recognition, audit requirements, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Understand order to cash cycle (sales orders, fulfillment, invoicing, collections, and bad debt)
- Focus on quality with the ability to follow detailed procedures, create documentation of processes and maintain compliance with regulatory controls
- Prior order management or Salesforce experience a plus
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and solve problems in ambiguous environments
- Inventory management experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness to appropriately explain difficult issues; ability to think quickly and thoughtfully
- Ability to excel in a fast growing/fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage a high volume of requests
- Ability to understand broader business, operational and financial issues
- Innate attention to detail
- Thrive in a team environment
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.