- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
The PR Manager plays an active role in many aspects of the communications team. They manage Bird’s public relations efforts across multiple projects and initiatives. The PR Manager is a smart communicator (both verbally and written) who runs on-going programs (i.e. writing, speaking, and awards), media relations, campaigns, events, launches and presentation development.
This role requires some US travel to attend and staff in-person media interviews and key community events.
- Develop and execute integrated communications programs and campaigns.
- Work across the communications group to identify stories to scale with external audiences.
- Support communications around new market launches and press opportunities in our existing cities.
- Manage aspects of Bird’s Consumer, Product and Policy media strategy and communications activities.
- Build relationships with key business, trade and tech outlets to proactively pitch and place coverage supporting Bird’s brand narrative.
- Own media opportunities from start to finish, including the pitching of press, booking of press tours and events, management of press calls, and identification and cultivation of leading media targets.
- Contribute to the positioning and message development of Bird by providing insights and tactics to support the advancement of those messages.
- Implement forward-thinking branding, messaging and communications plans to achieve Bird’s communications goals for audiences including riders, media, political decision-makers, investors and other stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with the Legal and Government Partnerships team with press strategies and outreach to complement the advancement of Government Relations strategies.
- Contribute to Bird’s speaking and awards programming by identifying, recommending and securing speaking and award opportunities for Bird spokespeople.
- Manage content development and creation, including drafting media outreach materials, editorial briefs, talking points, op-eds, speeches, presentations, etc.
- Organize and represent Bird at virtual and in-person events across the US for media, brand, partnerships, and more.
- BA required, preferably in related field
- Passion for Bird’s mission of reducing traffic and carbon emissions in order to make cities more livable
- 8-10+ years of experience in public relations, media relations, corporate communications (can be combined)
- Takes accountability for actions and sees projects through to completion
- Solutions-oriented and understands how to best prioritize tasks or assignments
- Demonstrates a high level of organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Confidence and competency in reviewing team work product
- Articulates ideas succinctly and is comfortable with public speaking and presentations
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to use those skills across a number of mediums (social media, press releases, op-eds, talking points, speeches, etc.)
- Comfortable in ambiguity and working independently
- This role can be based in Los Angeles or remotely across the US
- Must be able to travel on short notice for events across the US
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.