- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
Our City Operations team is tasked with ensuring Birds are maintained and repaired quickly to a high standard. As a Service Center Associate, you’ll be responsible for the health and performance of vehicles in your city and the management and implementation of a broad array of projects in a Bird service center. Service Center Associates will also work closely with our Fleet Manager partners to assist, guide and ensure they are set up to succeed. The fleet manager program is a new global program for local entrepreneurs and small businesses interested in operating a fleet of scooters in their city. You will be a key member of the local city operations team dedicated to providing riders with industry leading service. This role directly impacts our relationships with local stakeholders and influencers as well as the millions of riders who rely on our service.
- Build and manage a team of mechanics and other warehouse staff to ensure vehicles are repaired safely and to a high standard at scale.
- Hold the team accountable for fulfilling training needs.
- Coach Fleet Managers (often virtually) through troubleshooting and answer questions related to the vehicles, repairs, and spare parts
- Communicate with key stakeholders across the entire organization
- Become a subject matter expert on our vehicle, internal tools, processes, applications, and metrics
- Identify gaps in existing processes, propose and test solutions, and share results with leadership
- Work with leadership to implement best practices throughout the facility
- Drive a culture of safety, collaboration, and productivity
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years operations experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- 2+ years leading a team
- Ability to drive a team towards goals and KPIs
- Problem solver DNA; ability to identify areas of improvement within processes and help execute those changes
- Strong logical thinking, verbal, and quantitative reasoning, along with the ability to zoom out and see patterns
- Technical (mechanical / electrical) experience
- Lean manufacturing experience or training
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives — encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.