- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
- Centrally manage a globally distributed team for overall Bird logistics.
- Establish global logistics policy and optimize global logistics process for efficiency and cost.
- Provide executive guidance for logistics matters.
- Establish and manage the logistics budget and spending.
- Manage end to end logistics and all means of transportation (e.g. trucking, air freight, ocean freight, railway, parcel etc.), primarily for outbound shipments from the APAC to the US and EMEA and the land shipment within each region. Need to set up the logistics process and operation for the ROW as needed.
- Set up 3PL to support Bird’s overall distribution and operation, for both sharing business and retail.
- Align and optimize logistics with supply chain and operations.
- Securing on-time shipments with multiple logistics vendors, including signing long term contracts with FF and carriers as needed.
- Manage relationships with freight forwarders and logistics vendors
- Manage the process of collecting and maintaining logistics master data for supporting planning.
- Be creative and coordinate ad hoc and special shipments/projects as needed.
- Be flexible and adaptive to support a very dynamic business environment.
- 15+ years in logistics, with experience in 3PL, freight forwarders, and/or carriers.
- Extensive leadership experience in managing a regionally distributed and culturally diverse team
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.