- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
The role demands great technical depth, a stubborn refusal to settle, and a mentality of starting with the user and working backward. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, highly entrepreneurial, and is obsessed with finding solutions to tough problems. They are motivated by building the future, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, are always driving small improvements in process, and love making something from nothing.
- Create and analyse data sets to help inform strategic decisions for the team
- Build the data and analytics foundation to set up scalable process
- Monitor business performance across relevant KPIs and conduct deep-dive investigations to understand the “why” behind how metrics are performing
- Perform ad hoc strategy, research, modeling, and analytics projects to help guide decision making in a brand new and constantly evolving industry
- Have the ability to execute projects of varying urgency and scope with limited guidance
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive university
- 2+ years of experience in consulting / investment banking / business intelligence / strategy / high-growth operations or startup experience
- Natural problem solver & multitasker
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail - we will need you to dig deep to get to the bottom of our challenges and define solutions from the ground up
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, understand and execute in operations at all levels
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Strong communication, organization and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, SQL skills; coding experience (e.g. Python) highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability of delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself
- Fluent in German and English
- Experience in similar Operational teams
- Startup experience
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.