- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
What is this role
The Global Supply Chain Planning team is a central force in our supply chain and hardware operations whose goal is to enable Bird to scale globally with an ever-increasingly complex business in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible. We tackle some of the highest impact and most challenging problems we face across global operations, use data to dissect problems and derive solutions, develop and iterate on processes to minimize fiction, and develop strategies to differentiate us from competitors.
The Associate is a position where an analytical mindset, strategic thinking ability, and collaboration comes together to help us build a world-class hardware operation. The ideal candidate will have the ability to make improvements to current vehicle allocation and supply chain processes. They understand the importance of data driven decision making and are able to appropriately prioritize projects. They have exceptional communication skills and work well cross-functionally to drive key decisions. They will be a key contributor to the growth and evolution of the business.
- Project management
- Contribute to complex, highly visible, strategic and operational projects
- Maintain and communicate detailed project plans and deliver updates to stakeholders
- Execute projects of varying urgency and scope while maintaining prioritization
- Analytical, modeling, analysis
- Gather, interpret and utilize data to analyze important strategic priorities in order to optimize our business and solve the biggest problems as they arise
- Leverage data and stakeholder inputs to create a framework that determines the optimal allocation of Bird resources
- Clearly communicate the results of data analysis to varying audience levels
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Work cross-functionally across a wide range of stakeholders including business leaders / executives, supply chain, finance, operations, data and product to gather inputs, ensure alignment of needs globally, and ultimately drive success
- Take initiative to partner with cross-functional teams to determine an ideal solution
- Strategic thinking and executional detail
- Balance both a long-term strategic mindset with short-term executional needs to ensure progress along the target path and iteration
- Understand how key supply planning decisions impact the broader business initiatives
- Successfully manage varying nuance and operational impact of each allocation of Bird’s resources to help create the optimal decision
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive university in quantitative/technical field (engineering, business management, economics preferred)
- 2-4+ years of experience in strategy / planning / consulting / business intelligence or related
- High-growth operations and/or startup experience (supply chain experience a plus)
- Knowledge and experience with Google Suite tools (Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Cross-functional problem solving experience and project management
- Experience with process improvement within an ambiguous environment
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data from varying sources and determine a strategic recommendation based off of the analysis
- Strong attention to detail across multiple functions/topics simultaneously
- Highly adaptable and capable of supporting ever-changing demands of the business
- Experience performing ad-hoc analyses including “what-if” scenarios to optimize performance of the business
- Strong communication skills including: presentation building and delivery skills, written / email communications, and documentation
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.