- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 30, 2021
- Product Engineering
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Program Managers manage primary vehicle and hardware programs as well as smaller projects and are highly cross-functional. This role is expected to form internal relationships to support program execution and to assist in scoping new programs and projects. A program manager is expected to become an internal expert through successful completion of their programs and to become fluent with software tools to assist with program management. They are responsible for ensuring that all stakeholders are aligned, and that project scope, schedule, and budget are all being maintained on a regular cadence. Program Managers should be able to proactively identify and burn down blockers and to execute their programs and projects with minimal supervision. This role will focus primarily on rideshare vehicle programs, working closely with Bird’s Vehicle Engineering team. Candidate strongly preferred to live in Los Angeles in order to periodically visit Bird’s R&D facility.
- Coordinate internal and external stakeholders via written communication and meetings to ensure program is executed efficiently.
- Maintain program documentation such as schedule, issue trackers, written updates, and vendor deliverables.
- Collaborate with functional managers to ensure proper prioritization of individual contributors with reasonable deadlines.
- Scope new programs and projects and secure alignment of executive and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ensure completion of relevant hardware certifications to comply with safety & regulatory requirements.
- Identify workstreams and milestones required from cross-functional team members and ensure they are appropriately prioritized.
- At least a B.S. in technical or engineering discipline
- At least 2-3 years in project or program management, ideally focused on hardware
- Advanced degree, PE, PMP are a plus
- Effective written & verbal communication; plan and run effective meetings; create persuasive slide decks; expert in Gsuite / MSOffice Suite tools; familiar with project management software; adaptive to new software tools
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.