- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Product Engineering
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
As a Sr Associate, Vehicle Programs, you will be an essential connection point between product, vehicle integration, engineering and operations. The primary responsibility is to oversee the rollout and feedback loop for all hardware product rollouts. This includes working cross functionally to identify solutions, conduct testing, create the standard operational procedures and collect feedback from the local teams.
You will work cross functionally to ensure our vehicles are in the best shape for our partners. You will identify gaps in our current processes and constantly improve and iterate to improve.
- Project manage vehicle campaign deployments, tracking and reporting
- See projects from start to finish:
- Identify issue, size the issue, identify impacted markets
- Work with engineering and VI on solution and operational process tied to the solution, support SOP creation
- Alert supply chain on spare parts need
- Draft and translate and distribute the comms
- Train appropriate stakeholders on new process or changes
- Follow up on completion of the campaign, report on progress of campaigns, iterate as needed
- Manage campaign configurations in the product, logs of campaign use and associated reporting and tracking
- Lead operational roll out of new product features ensuring testing is complete, issues are tracked and closed, communications are created and approved, and stakeholders are informed and trained
- Liaise between Vehicle Integration, Engineering, Production and Operations to ensure product features are solving business problems with minimal operational impact/disruption
- Own the feedback loop between engineering, product and ops regarding product features updates
- As the expert on new features/updates, support creation of Operational SOPs for new feature rollouts
- Create testing plan for product feature rollouts including identifying testing environments, documenting testing requirements, gathering feedback from testing and creating tickets to track any bugs/issues raised throughout testing
- Draft internal and external communications around product features and get approval from legal, comms, product and operations prior to distribution
- Ideate and develop new initiatives to improve operations for the damage/repair program
- Work with product and vehicle integration to create new processes to test repair initiatives
- Present findings and report results to an executive audience on new initiatives and tests
- Be both a tactical and strategic leader and representative of our local operations team in cross-functional meetings
- Conduct deep-dive investigations and recommend and implement solutions across various teams
- Identify process improvement opportunities to increase KPI’s and SLA’s
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years of work experience with 1-2 years of project management
- 1-2 years of work experience in product, product operations, or working closely with product rollouts
- Exceptional problem solver who has owned projects from start to finish
- Strong communication, stakeholder management and organization skills
- Be nimble and adaptable
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
- Knowledge and process experience for working towards KPIs
- Process improvement experience- (lean, continuous improvement preferable)
- Passion for Bird and working in a high growth environment
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent time management, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to be both self-directed and work well in a team environment
- Tableau experience
- SQL experience
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.