- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 31, 2021
- Product Engineering
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager to join our Pursuits team. This person will have sharp attention to detail; be collaborative; and a critical thinker who can produce proposals and writing that will ensure Bird operates across the globe.
The Sr. Manager will be involved with all aspects of the production process from crafting strategy, reviewing drafts and outlines and editing prose to ensuring we are submitting mistake-free and compliant proposals.
The right person will excel at project management, crafting strategic narratives and guiding other teams to develop strong proposals
You will be responsible for conveying the unique value Bird can offer cities. This person will craft and spearhead our creative responses for competitive procurements domestically and internationally.
- Manage and lead a team who is responsible for crafting winning, successful Permits and RFPs
- Direct approach and strategies for each Permit and RFP as well as guidance and direction throughout the proposal response process
- Identify weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes, tools, and products related to Permit and RFP production
- Design and implement strategies for the core proposal team as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure full compliance with Permits and RFP requirements and coordinate closely with various internal functions to be in compliance with each application
- Understand and translate both the regulatory processes and politics involved at the state and local level to ensure Permits and RPFs meet required rules and regulations
- Constantly iterate and create efficiencies to streamline production process
- Ability to perform under extremely tight deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Lead the process to maintain the Permit and RFP content management system
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders
- Proposals must be grammatically correct, concise, well written, properly formatted, and directed at the appropriate audience
- Mentor and support direct reports to ensure they are performing at the highest level
- BA required, advanced degree, JD preferred
- 8+ years work experience in government, political or management consulting, lobbying, in-house GR, political communications
- Thorough attention to detail when analyzing regulatory language and parameters
- Ability to be highly responsive and willing to work flexible hours, an ability to lead and manage shifting assignments and multiple projects at the same time is a must
- Flexible, creative thinker, able to think outside the box and pursue new solutions
- Ability to think on your feet - to quickly synthesize and respond to new information while also continuing to drive your priorities
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently to analyze issues, collect information and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word), Adobe Acrobat Pro, Keynote and other design programs
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.