- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Product Management
Who is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
Bird’s Community Operations team facilitates operational excellence by providing customers world-class experiences, providing critical insights to cross-functional stakeholders, and driving strategic and new initiatives forward. The team stays focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with effective day-to-day operations, and helping identify and evolve early market signs into future strategic initiatives.
The team is seeking a highly-driven, team-oriented, and analytical customer success manager with a bias toward action and impact. The ideal candidate will help us build and polish a scalable operations team, which includes business associates, onshore and offshore contractor teams that manage and implement our support operations day to day globally. This is a unique opportunity to define our global strategy for customer success workforce, develop and maintain relationships with vendor partners, hire and manage a global team, partner with cross-functional teams to meet growth needs, and drive operational efficiencies at a fast-growing, operationally complex business.
- Manage existing global vendor by developing strategy and processes for planning, hiring, onboarding, and engaging contingent staffing (onshore and offshore resources)
- Ensure a relentless focus on quality and efficiency performance metrics while ensuring operational compliance and risk management
- Build reporting and monitor performance delivery to ensure onshore and offshore team performance hitting or exceeding expected SLAs
- Troubleshoot gaps in performance and support remediation efforts
- Collaborate with senior leadership, product, engineering, and BI team to produce and deliver against a roadmap for driving improvements.
- Manage and measure spending within budgets
- BS/BA degree from a 4 year college or university
- 5+ years in a scaled operations or customer support, and/or outsourcing program management leadership role
- Experience building a team or department - including experience developing team structure and scope, headcount planning, hiring and managing, cross-functional partnering, and owning accountability for performance
- Understanding of CRMs and telephonic systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and technical aptitude
- Excellent organizational, project management, and stakeholder management skills
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the media, digital and/or tech industries
- Growth mindset: seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.