- Date Posted
- Jun. 28, 2021
- Regulatory Affairs
Who Is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
This role will be responsible for increasing city profitability by helping reduce over-burdensome regulations. You will also help create data stories to show the benefits we are bringing to the cities we serve. Another large portion of this role will be helping with community coalition building, participating in local events in the cities we serve, helping plan those events.
Ideally, this candidate is physically located in either Florida or Texas. However, the team is open to speaking to candidates anywhere in central or eastern timezones!
- Works closely with city partners and relevant internal groups to support adoption of government programs, local regulations, and policies that facilitate micromobility.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize large amounts of information quickly and accurately.
- Identify important value drivers and key risks for our government partners; anticipate upcoming changes in project stages or cross functional partnerships.
- Lead on implementing directives from executives quickly and with accuracy.
- Create and prepare memoranda, reports as well as other internal and external facing documents.
- Execute projects of varying urgency and scope with limited guidance.
- Support market management by establishing on-going community relationships, partnerships, and programming.
- As a member of a regional GP team, you will have an opportunity to shape the way projects are organized and refine our approach to delivering quality results for cities with micromobility.
- 2+ years working within government, transportation, public interest groups, technology industry groups or corporations.
- Excellent project management, relationship-building and communications skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Adaptability and dependability.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to hear and, most importantly, seek feedback.
- Highly responsive and willing to work flexible hours as well as the ability to manage shifting assignments and multiple projects at the same time is a must.
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.