- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Regulatory Affairs
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a Regulatory Associate to join our EMEA Pursuits team. This person will have sharp attention to detail; be collaborative; and a critical thinker who can create, edit, and quality-check smart, focused copy as well as organize large volume proposals and applications.
The Regulatory Associate will be involved with all aspects of the production process from researching requirements and laws, creating drafts and outlines, and ensuring we are submitting mistake-free and compliant proposals.
You will be responsible for conveying the unique value Bird can offer cities. This person will craft and spearhead our responses for competitive procurements domestically and internationally.
- Develop regulatory outlines in response to all government issued requests for proposal.
- Independently research local regulations, ordinances, rules and procedures
- Support Senior Regulatory Associate in replying to questions specific to Admin/Public Procurement Law and liaise with legal or outside counsel
- Quality assure all proposals and city facing documents to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensure redactions and FOIA protection language in all sensitive documents.
- Support Senior Regulatory Associates in managing FOIA response.
- Work with the legal team to provide ad hoc legal/regulatory guidance for local policy and GP teams.
- Contribute to permit tracking and analysis.
- Experience as a law clerk, in house legal researcher, legislative drafter, or other experience with a law firm, regulatory body or government agency or proposal environment working closely on the RFP process.
- LLM/ MA with preferred specialization in EU Law, International Public Law, Public Procurement or Administrative Law.
- Experience undertaking long term analysis projects.
- Experience with contract negotiations,
- Native or fluent written and verbal Italian. Proficiency in written and verbal French or German preferred.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently to analyze issues, collect information and solve problems
- Able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word), Adobe Acrobat Pro, and legal software tools (databases, e-signature tools, etc.).
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.