- United States
- Date Posted
- Nov. 9, 2021
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Who is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
The Sales Manager will work hand in hand with the leaders of the retail team and play a key role in the execution of the total sales strategy. The Sales Manager will be responsible for all account management of distributors and retailers in the area of their role. They will be fully supporting distributors and retailers in their roll out of Bird’s consumer products across the full retail channels including but not limited to: IBDs, sports/cycle retail chains, consumer electronics stores, major retailers, online stores. The Sales Manager will be fully responsible for maximizing the sales and relationship between Bird and its distributors, retailers, and business-to-business clients in their territory.
What You’ll Do
- Management of book of business. Required to meet and exceed Sales quotas.
- Management of the sales to distributors, retailers and IBDs in the region
- All day to day communication for sales related topics between Bird and the distributors
- Supporting the retail and B2B Partner roll out of Bird’s consumer products with distributors and retailers across their territory
- Regular meetings with the distributors, major retailers and B2B Partners to maximize the sales opportunities
- Taking orders from the distributors and retailers and upselling them and B2B Partners
- Ensure account profitability for both Bird and its clients
- Interface to external partners / importers and internal departments
- Support for importers and new distribution partners
- Evaluation and development of new export markets and market potential
- Acquisition of new projects in new markets
- Market and competitor observation, analysis of collected data
- Participation in the development of specific brand portfolios for each market
- Communicate with the U.S. retail team and report to the Senior Consumer Products team on activities of the distributors and retailers and its sales channels
- Developing new distributor and retailer networks in the wider U.S. area when requested
- Attending and promoting Bird and its products at exhibitions, trade shows and conferences
- Extensive travel across the territory (up to 50%) to fully support and maximize sales
- Promote a positive attitude and be a team player
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years experience in U.S. sales of eScooters, eBikes and other Micro EV form factors
- Extensive contacts with distributors, major retail chains and Independent Bike Dealers in the premium eBike sector
- Experience working with retailers such as Target, Best Buy, Amazon, Costco, REI, etc...
- Must be able to create and present decks both internally and externally
- Wide understanding and ability to communicate effortlessly as the face of the company with distributors by email, phone and in person on topics such as international trade, logistics, finance, production, products, certification, sales, and marketing
- Ability to offer strategic sales planning, new business development, market analysis and channel management
- Experience in building long term relationships
- Should be highly proficient in computer skills and knowledge of Google GSuite
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Must be customer-focused with strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to adapt and work at a fast pace and under pressure
- Must be able to follow direction from senior leadership to prioritize sales goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.