- United States
- Date Posted
- Sep. 15, 2021
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we’re just getting started.
What is Bird looking for?
The Vendor Management Analyst role would be to actively collect market and commodity specific trends and pricing data to help form the foundation of vendor risk assessment and reduction framework, actively form strategies to burndown vendor related risks and reduce company exposure to commercial liabilities wherever possible.
- Periodic check ins with critical vendors to re-evaluate vendor performance and collect relevant market/commodity data
- Analyze opportunities to reduce redundant services and maximize supply chain efficiency
- Vendor management tools and dashboard building to improve information flow and optimize negotiation
- Develop actionable cross functional plans of continuous improvement between VM and other department
- Facilitate the continuous systemization of vendor records
- 4 year bachelor in business, finance or engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in a supply chain and/or market analysis in a procurement setting experienced in any of the following industry - electronics/SaaS/logistic/manufacturing/mobility/telecom
- Preferred: lean six sigma, PMP or equivalent, CPSM,
- Analytical, data driven and persuasiveness
- Up to 10% of onsite vendor visits
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.