- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
- Software Engineering
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The firmware release engineer will be the primary engineer responsible for the coordination of firmware releases to Bird’s global fleet of electric vehicles. This person will work very closely with the firmware team to understand each release deeply and work to package these changes up in a way that other stakeholders can understand. This person will work with the vehicle systems team to perform the rollout, and will work with the data analytics teams to monitor the rollout. This person will ultimately be a stakeholder and decision maker for the rollout process.
- Develop automations, jenkins integrations, build scripts to improve efficiency of the build and deploy systems for embedded software
- Help provide and improve documentation and changelogs to other teams within Bird.
- Deploy to and monitor firmware of a fleet of world-wide IoT devices using data analytics
- Respond to emergent issues in the deploy and/or release of embedded software
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related STEM field
- 6+ years experience
- Experience and proficiency debugging and developing in embedded C.
- Demonstrated experience developing commercial embedded products.
- Experience working in embedded software testing or software release roles
- Experience with Jenkins and CI/CD environments
- Strong understanding of version control tools such as GIT.
- CAN based automotive diagnostic protocols such as ISO 15765-2 and ISO 14229.
- Experience with ST microcontrollers and Nordic Semiconductors platforms
- Embedded real-time operating system fundamentals such as FreeRTOS
- Experience using Linux as a development environment.
- Python, Ruby, Golang
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.