- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
- Software Engineering
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
As a Senior Engineer, you will work as part of a world-class, multi-disciplinary team to develop software at high quality across many stacks to operate and administrate a global transportation network. You’ll help build new complex products or maintain existing ones and have strong ownership. Will have a strong say in application, API and whole system design with focus on scale, stability and future maintainability.
- Build backend APIs and documentation
- Work closely with various business partners (mobile, firmware team, UI/UX)
- Architecture design
- Write functional and integration tests for backend services
- Large scale data processing to respond to user behavior and optimize operations
- Respond to issues operating our technology
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science
- 8+ years of industry experience
- SQL experience
- Experience in Java, Kotlin or other JVM based languages (Scala, Clojure, Groovy, JRuby)
- Distributed computing experience including multi-region global platform development
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms
- Expertise in object-oriented design methodology and large scale application development
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.