- United States
- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
- Software Engineering
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
- Build the Native iOS app for our riders and fleet managers
- Work closely with various business partners (backend, firmware, UI/UX)
- App architecture design
- Implement pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
- Building user interfaces in code with auto-layout
- Solve challenging real-time data transfer and synchronization problems
- Keep up to date with the state-of-the-art of iOS development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience with iOS
- 2+ years of experience with Swift
- Experience developing native iOS applications in Swift
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Demonstrated skills in delivering high-quality code
- Expertise in object-oriented design methodology and large-scale application development
- Functional and reactive programming experience
- Bluetooth experience
- MapKit experience
- IOT experience
- Code driven layout experience
- Experience with payment platforms
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.