- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Technical & Customer Support
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
The Service Center Associate is a key role on the city operations team, with a focus that blends across managing inventory of vehicles in Bird’s possession as well as in our customer’s possession. Service Center Associate’s are detail oriented with a mechanically inclined mindset and a willingness to get into the weeds. They work with their hands as much as spend time analyzing data to drive their decision making. This is a role that manages seasonal employees and requires the ability to lead optimistically while building a team that is accountable to hitting goals and forecasted targets. This is a flexible role with a strong focus on driving Bird vehicle reliability metrics.
- Own inventory management in facilities, both Bird operated and third party operated in sub-regions.
- Manage a facility to inventory KPIs through first hand knowledge of inventory product and process to ensure tight controls through day to day vehicle movement and the ability to project manage large scope inventory counts with highly scrutinized timelines.
- Manage two levels of hourly personnel (mechanics and leads) to goals and targets, ensuring facility productivity.
- Advocate for Fleet Manager vehicle repair, taking a customer service approach to supporting Fleet Manager’s with the mechanical repair of their fleet through 1:1 interactions and training.
- Use a data forward approach to ensure Bird vehicles are in good working condition, whether those vehicles are in a Bird facility waiting for fleet assignment or in a Fleet Manager’s fleet.
- Participate in cross collaborative working groups to drive innovative solutions to complex vehicle reliability problems including spare parts planning, repair training, FM technical knowledge support, & city regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or additional four years of work experience in lieu of degree
- 2-3 years of operating experience including inventory or facility management responsibilities
- 1 year of people management responsibility including recommendation to hire/ terminate
- Project management and interpersonal skills, conflict management and strong EQ
- Mechanically inclined and willingness to work with hands
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both German and English
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.