- Date Posted
- Dec. 13, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
- Lead development and implementation of Vehicle Integration activities aimed at supporting retail Bird vehicles globally to ensure necessary support documentation and technical support processes are in place.
- Get hands on with vehicles and build repair and maintenance best practices in collaboration with our in-house engineering teams, vendors and partners.
- Participate in deep-dive investigations and recommend and implement solutions in collaboration with various teams.
- Understand complex and rapidly evolving vehicle engineering projects and transform them into functional repair and troubleshooting processes with the appropriate tools and support included.
- Execute multiple projects with varying urgency and scope with minimal guidance.
- Be the conduit between our in-house engineering teams and our retail operations.
- Willingness to work hard and support multiple teams globally. You will be one of the go-to individuals when the business requires solutions to fire-drills.
- Maintain schedules, build consensus and manage risk
- Act as a leader and promote Vehicle Integration initiatives internally
- Experience delivering small and medium sized projects
- 5 -10 years of relevant work experience
- 2-5 years of experience producing technical documents
- Demonstrated success delivering solutions in a large high-growth operations/project role
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive university
- Strong communication, organization and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking ability
- Willingness to get hands-on with the vehicles and processes
- Ability to work cross-functionally, make friends and align multiple groups around a project
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself to get the job done
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and support a team
- Strong office productivity and relevant project management software skills
- Ability to use drawing, photo and video editing software
Culture at Bird
We’re an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.